Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Hameediyah Restaurant

I have always been a fan of this restaurant since the days when I used to visit Penang often and when I heard that they were opening a branch in the Klang Valley, I was elated. They are famous for their old school kind of Nasi Kandar and their murtabak, things which I love.
They took up a place in Nexis, Sunway Damansara and I watched it from the time they were setting up the place. You can clearly see the restaurant from the main road as they have a wall painted with murals of their main restaurant in Penang. Now, with the opening of the new MRT station just in front of their restaurant, business has grown even more.
I first went to this outlet in Sunway Damansara on a Sunday as its is easier to find parking. The staff were very friendly and efficient and they came to take our order. If you want to have rice, then you have to go to their food counter where you can select what you want. People were already waiting in line to order their rice dishes. After selecting, the man will add the gravy/curry of your choice or you can have 'kuah campur' which allows him to mix the curries on your rice, which he does very well. A little of this and that and you will have a awesome plate of rice. I have some pics of their food choices below and I must say they all tasted good.
Nasi Beriani set
Sides c/w the beriani
The nasi beriani
Roti Telur Bawang looks exactly like murtabak
Mee Goreng Mamak
Rice with Ayam Goreng Bawang
Rice with Ayam Rose
The awesome Murtabak
Part of their food counter
Price list of their food

















































There are even more dishes available and I have yet to try them. Maybe I will order something different each time I go there so that I can taste them all. I was told that every Friday, they have offers for selected food at only RM 6.90 for a set which includes a drink.
So if you happen to be in the vicinity or if you crave for some old style Mamak food, just head over to Sunway Damansara. You will love the food here.






















































No comments: