Saturday, April 22, 2017

Breakfast again at SS2 Chow Yang Kopitiam

This kopitiam has become one of my favourite places to have breakfast. I came here the other day and found that they had many stalls inside the kopitiam. This time round, I decided to try out the Penang Hokkien Mee or Har Mee.
This stall is called #JJ Penang Prawn Mee. I ordered a bowl to try out and found that it was very authentic. I always try out the gravy first to ascertain if its good. The folks manning the stall were very friendly and that makes a 'plus' point for me. They were very generous as they even gave me a bowl of extra kangkung to go with my noodles. Judging from the taste, I would definitely recommend this stall to my friends who want to have really good Har Mee.
Besides this stall, there are many other stalls in this kopitiam so we ordered a bit of this and that to add to our breakfast. I noticed that the folks manning their stalls all spoke Hokkien. I believe most of these folks were originally from Penang as the food here is quite Penang style.
We ordered a plate of Lor Bak (a must have if in Penang) and it was very good. Another stall selling popiah caught my eye and couldn't resist ordering two rolls.
There was a stall selling nyonya kueh (Uncle Lim Nyonya Kueh). After breakfast, we ordered some for dessert. I am quite fussy where nyonya kueh is concerned and I found the kueh not very much to my liking. It didn't have the smooth texture like we used to have those days.
Anyway, here are some photos of the things we ordered. There are many more stalls we haven't tried out so perhaps we will the next time round.

Very good Penang Prawn Mee
Front view of the stall
The folks manning the stall
Another view of the stall
A plate of Penang Lor Bak
A closer view of the Lor Bak
I had to have this Popiah
Not to be missed Lum Mee












































I love the Penang kind of hawker food and this place fits the bill. I will definitely be coming here again to try some of the other stalls. Parking around this area is easier during the weekends.

No comments: