Monday, April 10, 2017

Lunch at Raj Banana Leaf

It was a Sunday and we decided to meet up with my Bro-in-law for lunch. We were feeling hungry and felt the need for some heavy food but not over indulging. We met up in Bangsar and being a Sunday, parking was relatively easy as compared to other days. Raj Banana Leaf was on our mind and we headed over there. When we arrived, it was already packed with diners but were lucky to find an empty table. Service was quite prompt and polite as the waiter immediately came to take our order and served us within a few minutes. As I mentioned, we didn't want to over indulge so we opted for vegetarian banana leaf rice. I could see many interesting and tempting dishes on display at the food counter but we decided to stick to our order. Below are some photos of the vegetarian banana leaf meal that we had.
The vegetarian meal with four vege, acar, papaddam and rasam
A closer look at the food
Pic was taken before adding acar and papaddam
My favourite iced syrup
We ordered capati too
A view of the restaurant
Some curries at the food counter
Another view of the restaurant










































































































I was told that they had very good meat dishes such as chicken and mutton varuval, fresh fried meat or fish, fish curry and many others. All sounds very tempting for me but I'm on a diet at the moment so probably will try those lovely dishes when I'm off my diet. I would say that for meat eaters, this place serves some good stuff. The curries served here are slightly mild as compared with other places probably because it also caters to tourists who might find curries too spicy for them. Overall, I must say it is quite a good place to go for lunch.

No comments: