Saturday, April 8, 2017

Have some fresh coconut water

I was in the vicinity of Section 17 in Petaling Jaya after having lunch and as I was driving by, I saw this stall by the roadside. I drive by this road often and today, being a hot day, I decided to stop and get myself a coconut drink.
There were a lot of customers waiting in line to order and I was lucky I didn't have to wait long. This guy was super efficient and worked fast to serve his customers even though he was the only one manning the stall. First, he takes the order, then he chooses the coconuts by hitting each one lightly. This ay, he will know if the coconut has enough or lots of water. He chops off the top, takes a couple of swings sideways at the coconut, and exposes the open top and pours the water on to a container. He then splits the coconut with a couple of swings and scoops out the tender flesh into the container and packs it for the customer. It just took a minute to do all that and I'm impressed at his efficiency.  Here are some photos of him at his stall.
The coconut stall
Scooping out the coconut flesh
Pouring out the coconut water
Another look at scooping the flesh
He has a special scoop to do it











































































































































































If you happen to be in the vicinity of Section 17, do drop by at his stall for some really good coconut water. It is located on Jalan 17/22 facing the Happy Mansion apartments and should be very easy to locate.

No comments: