Thursday, January 29, 2015

Breakfast at Kayu, Aman Suria

I happened to be passing by Aman Suria this morning and decided to stop by at Kayu for breakfast. I have not been here for quite some time already for personal reasons and this time, I wanted to give it another try. As usual, I ordered a roti canai and a teh tarik as I wanted to have something fast and head off to my daily errands. Service was prompt as the waiter came to take my order immediately upon my sitting down at an empty table.
Within minutes, the roti canai and drink was served to me and I began to tuck in. I must admit that their dhall is very nice as it had carrots and white radish (Lor Pak as it is called in cantonese). You hardly get these in most other places although they are just as tasty.  I came here mainly because there was ample parking especially in the morning and very convenient.  Anyway, it was a good breakfast, not too heavy, just right.

My roti canai this morning.
Carrots and white radish in the dhall.
Fresh Samosa and vadai.
A view of Restoran Kayu.

































































































































I noticed that their roti canai is served on a special Melamine plate which comes with a container for gravy or curry. Very neat instead of a side plate for the gravy. The total I paid for my breakfast was RM 3.40 which I think is reasonable. Maybe I will come again for breakfast but not lunch because from my past experience, I was overcharged. I will go to my other favourite joints for lunch instead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They also have Spring Hoppers for breakfast which is quite nice too. And yes, I agree that their lunch time prices are exorbitant.