Thursday, April 2, 2015

Finally got my Bonda

I had my first taste of Bonda at a vegetarian restaurant in Little India, Ipoh many years back when I was still working. I loved it and used to have it quite frequently for breakfast but since moving to KL, I couldn't find it at any of the places I go to. My friends told me that it was available in some restaurants in Brickfields but going there might prove to be quite a chore because of the traffic and searching for parking.
By chance yesterday, I had breakfast at Pandian in SS.3 (my favourite place) and spoke to Pandian about it and he promised to make it today since I requested for it. I went there this morning and sure enough, he had a tray of my favourite Bonda waiting for me. Without wasting time, I picked up a few of the Bonda, and happily began to tuck in. Wow!!! That sure was awesome.  I was told by Pandian that this is the first time he was serving it and will probably add this to his daily menu. Thats great as I will now be able to have this anytime when I'm at his place for breakfast that is provided the other customers don't finish them before I'm there.
The Bonda cut in half showing the potato filling
Dhall gravy with Murunggai

Lovely golden brown Bonda
A few Bonda with some gravy to go.