Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Hokkien Mee or Har Mee in D'sara Kim

I met up with my old classmate Lee Lian Hoe the other day after so many decades. It was nice meeting up with him as we go back a long way.  He recommended a place in Damansara Kim where we could sit and chat over brunch.
The place we went to was Restoran Golden Kim Wah. I could see there were lots of stalls and you could have a wide choice of hawker food. We decided to try the Hokkien Mee or Har Mee as is commonly called. The man who manages the stall has been at it for many years and I was told that he may retire soon. As the lunchtime crowd was not there yet, we managed to get our order quite fast. The broth used for the noodles was quite tasty and had lots of sliced pork, small prawns, half an egg, fish cake and kangkung.
The hokkien mee with additional chili paste
Before adding the chili paste
The workplace of the stall
Front view of the stall
Front view of the restaurant






































































































The next time I come here, I think I will try out some of the other stalls. The famous Robert CKT is also here and it sure looks good. The best time to come will be for brunch as there is ample parking except during lunchtime.

No comments: