Friday, July 28, 2017

BLR lunch at SSR Curry House

I have been recommended to try the food at SSR Curry House many times and today, I had the urge to have banana leaf rice there. The owner Mr. Kumaresan told me to try the friday special which came with six (6) varieties of vegetables, payasam, rasam and also complimentary bananas for dessert. I called up my friend Nov Velan and we both decided to head over there for lunch.

We were there just before the lunchtime crowd came in and were immediately served by the attentive waiters. Nice clean banana leaves were placed for us and followed by the six varieties of vegetables. Next came the rice and the gravy or curries of our choice. One of the vegetables that I really liked was their deep fried cauliflower which I'm told was their signature dishes. It was really good and tasty. Below are some of the photos I took of our lunch.
My BLR with six varieties of vege
BLR for two
This Cauliflower 65 is awesome
Some meat dishes to add on
Assorted curries
Claypot curries all in a row




























































































































It was a very satisfying lunch for both of us. I used to be able to ask for second helping of rice but now, I can only settle for single helping. This is one place that I definitely will come back for the delicious food.


No comments: