Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Akka Curry House revisited

It had been a long time since I last went to Akka Curry House. It is a very popular eatery for those working nearby and also for those in search of good Indian vegetarian food. For those who don't know this place, it is easy to locate as it is just about 50 metres from the Segambut roundabout heading towards Jalan Ipoh. You will be able to see the place which is just opposite a showroom called Extra Space. Parking might be a bit tricky especially during lunchtime so it would be good to be there before the crowd comes.
I have been here quite often as I love the wide choice of vegetarian food as well as the meat dishes. On certain days of the week, biryani rice will be served besides the white rice and parboiled rice (puzhungal arisi). Hope the spelling is correct. On Fridays, you will also get to taste their payasam (a sweet dessert) which is also good. I managed to take a few photos for this post and looking at some of them makes me hungry already so I might make a beeline there again.

My choice of serving
A closer look at the serving
Some meat and fish dishes
View from another angle
More vegetarian choices
And even more vegetarian choices
My favourite syrup ice
Payasam, only on Fridays
A view of the food counter area

No comments: