Thursday, September 1, 2016

Different kinds of Curry Noodles from different places

I have been to quite a few places where they serve curry noodles. Some folks call it curry laksa but as I was from Ipoh, we all call it curry mee/noodles or in Cantonese, its called Kar Li Mei Fun (for vermicelli) and Kar Li Meen (yellow noodles).  I have since left Ipoh to reside in Kuala Lumpur so I don't have many photos of the Ipoh version (which I must say is very good). There are many places in Ipoh that serve really good curry noodles and I'm sure many of you would have read other blogs of the popular places that serve this.
So far, I have yet to find a place in Klang Valley that serves good curry noodles comparable to what I used to have in Ipoh.  Perhaps one of these days, I might come across one. In the Klang Valley, most places serve the curry noodles with taufu pok and some even add tau kok (long beans). It is quite good and I'm sure folks here are used to this version.  Down south in Johore is another version which is different but also very good. Well, I guess everyone in their own hometowns will claim that their version is the best but lets leave it to each persons individual taste and preference. In the meantime, lets look at some of the photos and bon appetit.

Dry curry noodles from Moon De Moon, Ipoh
Curry noodles with liew from Ping Zhang, Kg Simee Ipoh
Johore version of curry noodles from Kin Wah, JB
Dry curry noodles with siew yoke from Doremi, Ara D'sara
Curry noodles with taufu pok and chicken, Also from Doremi
Dry version from Doremi, Ara D'sara
This version from a Kampar Noodles stall, Sect. 17,PJ
Another version of curry noodles, KL style
This creamy curry noodles from TTDI, KL





No comments: