Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Little Katong in Ipoh

On my last trip to Ipoh, I wanted to try out places that I have not been for food. Most of the popular places are very touristy and going there is quite a hassle for me having to brave the traffic and the crowds. I did try getting there but after driving around looking for parking and seeing the large crowd, I decided to skip these places especially the famous Leech Street area.
I then decided to head over to try out the food at a place called Restoran Impressive located along Jln. Ali Pitchay and next to the Hotel Ibis. Parking was easy which I liked and went in to see what they had in this restoring. That's when I noticed a stall called Little Katong and decided to give it a try. The chicken noodles aka Kai see hor fun caught my attention and I ordered a bowl. Out of curiosity, I ordered a bowl of curry noodles from another stall called Sisters curry noodles. The food arrived and we tucked in and found that the noodles from Little Katong was very and comparable to the famous ones of Ipoh. I was told that their curry noodles Katong laksa was good too. Maybe I will give it a try the next time. As for the curry noodles from the other stall, I didn't fancy the taste so will skip it next time. The coffee was great and the restaurant had some nice looking dumplings (Chung) which I bought to take home. It was good and the way I like. Will definitely come again.
The awesome kai see hor fun
The little stall
This coffee  is good
View of the restaurant










































































I did not take any photos of the other food but I hope to do so on my next visit.

No comments: