Thursday, November 20, 2014

Uncle Appu Curry House

I have been hearing a lot about Uncle Appu Curry House, in Section 19, Petaling Jaya and one morning, I decided to give this place a try. This restaurant is situated at the busy intersection previously known as the Rothmans Roundabout and traffic can be horrendous depending on the day and time you are in that area. However, I was early that morning and I managed to get a parking spot nearby and made my way to the restaurant.
What impressed me was the cleanliness of the restaurant and the friendly staff.  I found an empty table inside and sat myself down. The waiter immediately came and took my order. Whenever I try the breakfast in a new place, I will normally order a Rava Tosai to gauge the food. My tea and tosai came rather fast and I was pleased.  The Rava Tosai would have been nicer if it was left on the pan a bit longer as I like it a bit crispy. The sambar or dhall made however made my day as it was thick rather than the diluted kind many other places serve. It had lots of dhall (lentils) and was very tasty without the taste of MSG. Another plus point is their Onion Chutney which was awesome. Here are some pics which I took of Appu's.




The front portion of the restaurant.


My order of Rava Tosai. As I mentioned, it would have been nicer if it was crispier.


Just look at the thick sambar with lots of
lentils. Beside it is the Onion Chutney.




The chili chutney with another helping
of the thick sambar.
My Rava Tosai and tea came to only RM 3.50 which was much cheaper than many other places. I enquired from the staff about their basic BLR and was told that they charge only RM 5.00 with 3 vege. Wow! Thats much cheaper than most places and the food is tasty too. I will definitely make another visit to Appu's for lunch to try their BLR.  Cleanliness is also their plus point.

No comments: