Sunday, August 21, 2016

Banana Leaf Rice at Restoran Jaya, Brickfields

I was introduced to this place by my friend Venoth and Nov Velan  who frequent all the best eating places in Brickfields.  There are so many good ones there to choose from. I went to Brickfields the other day with my relatives and since we were at Nu Sentral, we walked over there.
It was quite early when we arrived at Restoran Jaya and we could pick the table of our choice. The staff were very friendly and gave us very good service. There were so many tempting dishes on display and we decided to choose a few to go with our BLR.  The banana leaves were placed on our table and followed by the vegetarian accompaniments for the basic BLR. Then came the side dishes that we chose and also our drinks. The food looked so delicious and after taking a few photos which is a norm for me, we tucked into our rice. Here are some photos that I took.  There were some other dishes that we ordered but I couldn't take those photos as we were all very hungry and started digging in.  I will definitely be back again to sample all the other lovely dishes.

The basic BLR














The meat dishes

Chicken Varuval
Look at that spread

Vege dishes
Another chicken curry

No comments: