Friday, June 13, 2014

New Hollywood Restaurant

New Hollywood Restaurant is a halal restaurant in Canning Garden, Ipoh. I used to meet up with friends for breakfast when I was still living in Ipoh. Having lived in Kuala Lumpur for the past few years, and also due to work commitments, I hardly made any visit to Ipoh. My usual trips to Ipoh were short and I did not have much time to visit my favourite haunts such as New Hollywood Restaurant.
I did make a visit to Ipoh a few days back and this time, I made it a point to drop by at this restaurant for breakfast. It is a Chinese coffeeshop but everything here is Halal and majority of the customers are Malays or Muslims who go there to savour the Chinese food.



The front view of the coffeeshop


Mr. Khoo at his Lor Bak stall
There is also a Mamak stall selling Roti Canai and Mee Goreng at the front portion of the shop. I forgot to take a pic. of the stall. It is nice to see people of all races enjoying their food at the coffeeshop.  There is also another coffeeshop behind New Hollywood Restaurant that operates from evening till night. I used to frequent that shop but unfortunately it was closed when I went there that evening. Perhaps I will try again on my next visit to Ipoh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. My name is Vhyshnawi and I'm from Ipoh Echo. I am writing an article at the moment and would like to use your photos. I would like your permission to do so and would like to publish them. please get back to me asap. my email add is vhyshnawi@gmail.com.
Thank you.

The Travelling Foodie said...

Hi Vhyshnawi,
Yes you can. I have replied to you at your email add.