Sunday, June 15, 2014

Beef Ball Noodles in Ipoh

On my recent trip back to Ipoh, I made it a point to have Beef Ball Noodles.We went to my favourite place in Taman Rishah Indah, Falim but unfortunately, they were closed. Feeling disappointed,  we decided to head over to the city centre to another shop that serves Beef Ball Noodles just opposite the former Yau Tet Shin market (Pat Kok Low) as the Chinese call it. The shop is at the Perak Toong Onn Wooi Koon.
We arrived at around 11am and the shop was half filled with customers which was fine by us instead of the huge crowd that go there for dinner. I was told that there are two families that operate here, one for the morning shift while the other is for the night shift. Both families are from the famous Buntong Beef Ball Noodle outlet.



A bowl of beef balls.




Beef balls called Tai Yuen.



Beef Tendons soup. I would have prefered
it if the meat was more tender.


Noodles with minced meat and chicken feet.


A bowl of beef tendons and my favourite
fried Sar Kot liew.



A closer look at the sar kot liew.  It was really
awesome compared to those sold in other places
in Ipoh.


An assortment of fried goodies. I particularly like the ones on bottom right. It has sar kot and chives.








We were very happy with our meal and even bought some sar kot liew and the ones with chives to take back. (tar pau).  I will definitely come to this place when I make my next trip to Ipoh.

No comments: